Sunday, October 09, 2005

Identities that limit

I am always amused and curious about how our identities get shaped, and then become the limiting factor in the actions that we take.....

For me one such identity that I constantly try and battle with is the one I hold in my building....

Now Sonakiran is like one nice society - good people and all....and yet I just cant get myself to connect to them....not that I have to, but somehow what stops me is the fact that I've never really been there.....

And slowly then you start defining yourself through your actions....like if I am not talking to the people in my building I guess I'm an introvert or maybe too snobbish - but hey I am not!! I mean I could help so many people in my building in many ways....

That apart its Navratri.....and I love to dance - but I just cant get down to dirty dancing in my building.....

Its an identity thats limiting me....anyways one of the things I seek to accomplish this month is to do something that is totally in the discomfort zone - something that I am extremely uncomfortable doing....and this just might be it :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home