Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The experience of falling ill

Surviving a terrible cold and the aftermath (read: bodyache and fecer) is a real test. It is a test of faith, especially if you're one of those who believe in natural healing.

I believe that the body is the best chemical factory ever - produces just what is needed to heal the disease, and in right quantities. It does not have an agenda to sell-more-medicine like the thousands of medical reps doing rounds of doctors or prescribe-more-and-get-goodies kind of doctors. I tend to trust my body and its healing power a little more.....

The downside of course is the pain and the temptation to immediately pop a few pills and mask it....but then thats really not the whole deal....

And almost like a conspiracy, either ways - whether you pop pills or heal naturally, you tend to increasingly live that way. If you let your body heal itself, its capacity to heal improves. On the other hand if you're popping pills, thats going to become your way to survive...

And of course there is the thin line between - knowing when to take medical help.......

The other good thing I did was to do nothing - and guilt free holidaying. Its so tempting to fill the day with SOMETHING - atleast something - maybe write something, catch up on a book or do something pending - I'm at home after all.....I realise that this cultural conditioning of do-something has also gotten to me - so yesterday not only did I take pure rest and do nothing, but enjoyed it too!

Finally I was wondering why was I so sneezy....and I guess its a combo of the climate and me putting my body to too much work by eating a lot of sweets and great food ;)

A day of eating right, resting right and giving my body its time to recover....thats all it took....and I'm back! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home