Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Literally disco dandiya!

Navratri is almost like the desi version of a rock concert for junta around - you get to put your hair down and dance. Its a lot of fun and I've enjoyed watching cute chicks and some really great dudes dance the garba......

But this mandal at Anand Nagar (at Dahisar, Mumbai) took this too literally - turning what was perhaps the best dandiya-garba night around into a discotheque! The sight gave me a funny feeling - kind of a mix of amusement-disgust-surprise combo. You know its like seeing some traditional godess you worship suddenly appear in a jeans and a body hugging top.....she's still the godess, but its just not the same you know....thats the closest I can come to describing how it felt I guess....

I dont want to really pass a moral judgement on this one - all I can say is that our area desperately needs a disc, and that could be another business opportunity knockin away :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home