Monday, October 17, 2005

The latest worry

Raising expenses....increasing waistlines....decreasing hairlines.....meaningless lives.....junta finds a lot of things to worry about.

But my latest concern is that I call the increasing 'dream-do' gap.

The dream-do gap, simply defined is the ease with with you can fulfil what you set out to do. Its the gap between the dream that you have and

seeing it (or any progress towards it) in reality.

I remember a time when for me, almost nothing was impossible. We dreamt of a huge interschool fest - and we did it. We thought of an NGO

membership of 100+ and we did it. I dreamt of learning to swim - and did it.

However recently, this gap is increasing.....I mean there are things that I want to do but cant get down to doing them. The gap is increasing. My

promises to myself are going unfulfilled. And I need to do something about it.

So my typical self help POA will be to get started on some amount of meditation (quiet mind is a fertile ground for releasing your desires), some

actionable goal setting (and immediate rewards attached to that) and most importantly trying to keep the promises that I make to myself....I

guess its these small battles that will help me bridge that gap again.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home