Friday, December 16, 2005

The joy of being God

Yesterday was beautiful....

I popped a CD into the lifeless computer and on the screen was my first ever script - LIVE!!! As every word of the Pantaloon corporate video's rough cut was being read out, I could almost leap with joy! This was the script that we had run through more than 20 times...carefully weighing each word, how and when it should be said and more!

And when I saw it on screen, actually happen, I was in total bliss!!! Almost as if I was giving birth......

And yeah the perinnieal regret of getting the raw end of the deal by being a man (you dont get to give BIRTH!!!) is always going to stay as an unhealed wound, I realised that creativity lets you give birth to something of your own....

As a creative freak I've experienced the sheer high of ideas....the frenzy that grips you as you scribble stuff even you wont be able to read on paper ....... you just want to let it out of you.....the pains of clutching an idea in the confines of your inner space, in the unmanifest are akin to the labour pains .....if not that physical, the discomfort is there.....

And then you express the idea....the child is born....its a mixure of joy that is heightened by relief.......

Creativity lets me be God in small ways many times over, and each time its a very very rewarding experience....

And the greater the masterpiece you've made, the greater the joy....

And that makes me think that God (if She exists) would be a very very happy person! Imagine the joy of having created something as beautiful as me ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Kartik Kannan said...

Hi,
I am Kartik Kannan at Sulekha.com (www.Sulekha.com) and I'm writing to you about your blog
Before I proceed, let me apologise for this unsolicited comment in your blog. I googled for good Indian blogs and found yours. Ok, now to why I'm writing to you, I'm compiling a list of the best writings in Indian blogosphere and showcasing them on Sulekha.com. Sulekha (means 'good writing') has been encouraging good writers and showcasing great writing for well over 6 years.
I want to include your blog entries on Sulekha by creating a parallel blog for you. By creating a parallel blog on Sulekha Blogs, you can dramatically boost the number of people viewing your posts and commenting on them. To know more visit this link www.sulekha.com/blogs/helpguide/#a6

Cheers,

Kartik Kannan
Team Sulekha

5:51 PM  
Blogger nehasaraswt said...

it felt so much me.... before every presentation or discussion of my design i almost get chocked... unable to speak sometime... though at the moment of delivery i will be fluent but just before that my hands and feet go cold.... and even before that when i am still scribbling i walk on air... so light it feels then...
nice read...

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home