Friday, November 07, 2008

On self obsessions and happiness

This one's to you Anuj Gosalia

For writing to me out of nowhere - thanking me for my blog posts... It has inspired me...inspired me enough to start blogging again....

I realise that time and again my attention deviates to myself - I become too self centered and warped... unhappy not knowing the real cause of my state...

And then suddenly out of nowhere is a blip - something that shakes me out of my self absorbed-ness.....something that suddenly takes attention elsewhere...from moving in the void of my state to something beyond...

Your mail did that to me, Anuj. It made me happy. And thats what I was trying to be for so long...for so long I was trying to get myself to do something that makes me happy...

And yet I forgot what I knew and was so time tested - that happiness does NOT come from within....it comes from the response of within to the without...and the origin of happiness often comes from knowing that you're not alone...there are other living creatures out there - some of whom respond to you...

It felt like knowing that I was alive...I was someone...and I mattered....just that one small email from you Anuj...it was really powerful

That also makes me feel that a lot of what I do must also be very powerful for others - the way I respond to situations, the comments that I make at people and all of that....

How many more souls can I rescue from their self absorbed-ness....that much more net happiness I can create and pass around...for all to cherish...for all to enjoy

One last time, Thank you Anuj

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Anuj said...

Man, feels great to have an entire post dedicated to me. Thank you brother. I've not told you but often told Akanksha and others that what I experienced at WOW was powerful and I just failed to understand why it did not continue? Really. I may not have cracked the CAT but that feeling of being centered thoughtlessly in the moment is a rare feeling. It comes when you are truly engaged. And WOW was just that - Engaging and Powerful. Anyway, I hope you're able to give more of yourself to the world (including readers of your blog like me). Because nothing is as powerful as living to give.

Cheers mate!
Don't lose yourself in you.
There are a lot of hot women still left in the world ;)

P.S. - www.bigb.bigadda.com : Amitabh Bachchan's Blog. Do visit it. The guy is incredible!



"Humility is an artist's greatest virtue"

1:03 AM  
Blogger The One said...

@Anuj

yep even I dunno exactly why we did not persist with WOW! lets see how it revives...

Will continue to give more of myself - thnx for your comment :)

AT

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home