Saturday, October 29, 2005

The 5 rupee something walk

The crawling traffic on Warden Road snarled at me and I decided to leave it alone, taking the 15 minute walk to Grant Road station.

En route I decided to try this unique experiment - called 5 rupee something. The rules were simple

1. Buy anything to eat which should necessarily be priced at Rs.5 or less
2. It should be something being tried for the first time
3. The whole process would be very spontenous and thought free - more like a shopping splurge....

My eyes first went to the Muchhad Panwalla stall - the guy had a website too! That fascination was enough for me to try a paan - the Kalwi, a sweet and rather tasty paan for five bucks....

As a chewed enjoying it, I marched ahead, wondering what would catch my eye next.......it was chana zor garam. It had been ages since I'd tried that spicy snack, and luckily the tiny packet was for five bucks. With fresh lemon squeezed, it was a spicy delight...

That left me wanting to have something to soothe it....i walked on ....fruits....some chocolate...nothing really appealing (remember the rule was that it has to be very instinctive)

So I pulled across in a good 'ol ganna juice shop and had an icy glass of juice, again five bux. Which was quite a relief.....

As I was walking out I could not resist the vadas .....picked a vada (at three bucks) and relished it going back to the spicy realm.

The original plan was to end it with the new Perk - I love it at 5 bux its any chocolate addict's regular shot...but chocolate miffins (@4 bucks) at the bakery caught my eye, and I hogged 'em......

By now I was quite full, and left with a feeling of having splured.....though the total bill was more like 22 bucks.....it was a great walk and before I knew it I reached the station :)

Sometimes there are simple things that can make a difference....and can be so very enjoyable :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Makhtub said...

Wow, that is one thing,that probably I should try out too!!

Trust only you to come up with such things! U know what I dont think u should ever give up on ur unique idea, initially it may be uphill but you may be the Tony Robbins India is looking out for:)

Give me a 5

cheers,
karishma

3:04 PM  
Blogger The One said...

@ Karishma

Hey thanks a lot :)

But now the goal has more to become the Abhishek Thakore of India rather than Tony ;)

Do try it out and lemme know :)

Cheers!
AT

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home