Sunday, October 30, 2005

Cleaning up the past

Today I took up a rather brave task - cleaning up the attic....in the process I destroyed half of my personal history museum. Everything from letters to cards, gifts and keychains...everything that teenage is made up of....you know stuff you dont really wanna let go...

Hundreds of letters ;) ........ your own diaries and memorable trinkets you've collected from all over.....

I realised that it had been a memorable journey - these artifacts reminded me of so many forgotten adventures

And yet I realised that if it has been so memorable so far, there is no reason why the way ahead won't be so too....

And its also an attempt to get more present moment centric - when I destroy these artifacts, I literally disconnect from past memory traces....Not that I wont think of them ocassionally or cherish them, but just that I wont live in them...not brood in them

And the task was far tougher than I thought - almsot felt like a part of me going as I ripped each letter.......But at the end it did give me a feeling of being free....a sense of moving ahead.....and getting ready to create some new memories :))

4 Comments:

Blogger Parth Anand said...

precisely...clearing the "junk" from the past is one of the toughest things to do..with every stored artifact you have lots of memories attached...but then you got to clean it up to make room for more...

11:45 AM  
Blogger Makhtub said...

hey,

Happy Diwali!!

Cheers,
Karishma

11:57 AM  
Blogger Nirav said...

Hmm... Fortunately or unfortunately, I did not have to go thru the pain. After I came to Bangalore, my family shifted to Mumbai from Calcutta, and I had been asked to separate out whatever I thought was 'valuable' from my load of trash. The rest was trashed by my family

Btw, Happy Diwali!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great post, I appreciate you and I would like to read your next post. Thanks for sharing this useful information.
Drive Fixing Dorset, Drive Jet washing Dorset, Path Repairs Bournemouth, Path Cleaning Bournemouth

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home